Yellowstep has launched a new report highlighting the Midlands' top growing companies by revenue, and how their marketing has become a contributing factor to their success.
The Midlands Top 40 Growth Report, which is available to download now, has ranked the companies based on their marketing performance - providing other growth-hungry companies with key insights and recommendations to include in their marketing strategy.
The Top 40 Growth Report includes insights into the following marketing channels that every company has been scored against:
- Website performance and user journey
- Search engine optimisation and ranking
- Social media performance and followers
- Blogging and content marketing strategy
- Use of lead generation tactics
This Growth Report has compiled the top 40 companies in the Midlands, based on how rapidly their revenue increase over the past five financial years, and analysed a critical part of any business strategy - their marketing performance.
The full top 40 is based on turnover increases submitted to Companies House. Companies have only been considered if they have delivered positive growth within the last year, and if they have also submitted turnover figures for the last five years.
The Top 40 Growth report has revealed some fascinating findings where even the highest growing businesses are both excelling, and falling behind, when it comes to key marketing activity. The findings include:
- 87.5% of businesses had Google Analytics installed on their website.
- While this indicates that the Top 40 are actively analysing their website performance using the tool, it’s not a given that every business is doing just that.
- 75% was the average website performance score.
- The majority of websites we analysed, from a technical point of view, performed very well. As part of our technical audit, we reviewed website page sizes, requests, browser caching and page redirects - all help to speed up the performance of websites.
Read the full report
The Midlands Top 40 Growth Report is now available to download here. To ensure you get further marketing analysis of the Midlands' highest growing companies, subscribe to hear from us via email.